ENDORSED CANDIDATES, 2022
These candidates running in key races have demonstrated exceptional commitment to putting the interests of local, working families first while rejecting the influence of big money corruption altogether — boldly championing the principles and platform of the Our Hawai'i Pledge. For more on our endorsement qualifications and process, see our endorsement criteria below.
A candidate must take the Our Hawaiʻi Pledge in order to qualify for consideration for an endorsement from Our Hawai’i Action and/or Our Hawaiʻi PAC. Taking the pledge does not guarantee an endorsement. With limited resources, we are only going to make endorsements in races where we can actually support a candidate to win election, and are prioritizing key races where the election or defeat of a given candidate will have a significant impact on implementing the Solutions for Our Hawaiʻi agenda.
When multiple candidates in a given race sign the Our Hawaiʻi Pledge, Our Hawaiʻi’s organizing team will consult with advisors, grassroots leaders, and other aligned organizations to weigh the candidates on the following criteria in order to make an endorsement decision:
(1) The candidates’ commitment to Our Hawaiʻi’s values and policies as expressed through their prior and ongoing community involvement or career
(2) The candidates’ commitment as expressed by how forcefully and often they advocate for the Solutions for Our Hawaiʻi
(3) The candidates’ respective commitments to reject corporate money as expressed by any donations accepted prior to signing of the pledge
(4) The candidates’ connection to communities that need better representation in government
(5) The candidates’ probability of winning measured by expressed support from grassroots leaders, community members, fundraising, and/or a clear path to victory
Will your business or organization participate in the Our Hawaiʻi Pledge?